Knowledge and Information Corner

Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Importance of Basic Car Care, Maintenance and Repair for All Drivers

Learning the basics in do-it-yourself car care is a must to all drivers including women. Not all drivers who are women knows the basic car care like DIY for changing tires, determining the possible problems from the sound of the engine, the basic parts of the car engine and a lot more. 

Before you buy a car the first thing that you would consider is your budget. What kind of car can meet with your budget? Car manufacturers design many different  types according to
consumers' demands and consumers' buying capacity. Upper and middle-class consumers can buy expensive cars like Rolls-Royce, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes Benz, Bentley, and Expensive Sports Cars. For the lower budgeted consumers, of course, these types of cars is a bit impossible to have since just for the tyres alone will cost hundreds and some even thousands. So with the fuel and maintenance. These types of car must be maintained by each own car manufacturer's agents workshop. You can't bring these type of cars to an ordinary workshop because it's either the spare parts are not available or the car mechanics do not have the knowledge of the car engine system.

You should also know how to identify vehicle parts. Since I started driving, I used to bring my car to the workshop and I don't just sit down at the waiting room of the workshop until the car repair or maintenance is finished. If my car is for repair, I will stand in front of the mechanic and watch everything that he's doing. I asked the names of the parts and its uses. I don't know if the mechanic is irritated with my so many questions but I just want to learn the functions of each part.  By doing so, if there is a problem with my car, I would know how serious the problem is.

You should know when you change your oil filter, timing belt, clutch, the conditions of your brakes, check your water radiator, when you replace your battery and you should always be aware of the light sensors because it shows which part of the car have a problem, and a lot more. Car care is very important because some accidents are caused by faulty engines and worn out tyres. Care for your car is care for your life.




No comments: