Knowledge and Information Corner

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wood Crafts

I just want to share with pride some of my husband's craft made of wood. In my previous post I mentioned about the benefit of wood elements. At first, I don't really believe that there are benefits of certain kinds of wood when it touches the skin. Actually, my husband's hobby which I believe he has the inborn talent with this line is making different kinds of things out of wood, copper, steel and whatever matter that he thinks can convert into something. We are married for 27 years now and he has been doing a lot of crafts that he never intend to sell but the moment his friends see his finished craft they buy from him because they really like his workmanship. 
Here are photos of some of his work: 


He made for me this bracelet since 2009 but I just used then for awhile and kept it as a keepsake from him. These wood beads is made of 21 kinds of wood that he patiently shaped it round. I just admire the beauty of how it is being made and I did not pay much attention of the benefits that he was telling me because I was not aware yet then of the benefits of some kinds of wood when it touches the skin. 

Because of my health condition, I searched the internet and I found out that certain kinds of woods has elements that gives health benefits so I wore this and after two weeks I felt some improvements of my health. Since then I always wear this bracelet.


This is another kind of wood that he calls "pulai menang". He did not tell me any health benefits. He just admired the beauty so he made it as a pendant.

Below are what he made out of Moringa Oleifera trunk wood or better known as "Teras Kelor". Lots of information can be found in the Internet regarding Moringa Oleifera also called "Miracle Tree" because of  it's benefits.


"Tasbih"


Bead that can be used for Ring. It's very beautiful with a setting of gold or silver. His friends really like this too.



Bracelet


Locket

These are just a few of what he already made. I know he really likes craft making because even if he is not really feeling well once he starts with something he does not want to stop until finished. 

No comments: