Knowledge and Information Corner

Saturday, July 25, 2009

How Money Became a "BIG DEAL" In My Life

Today, let me share with you my experience with money: how much of a big thing it has been to me. Not that I love money more than anything else. But it is a necessary commodity I can't do without. Call it a "necessary evil," but we can't live without it, can we?

My life is all about struggles, patience, perseverance ...
not so pleasant things to live by but without which, I would not be where I am now. It all started when my mother died when I was about 8 years of age. I was in fourth grade. Life was extremely hard for me being the only girl among 4 siblings and without a role model (my mother) to learn how to live life as a girl should. I was the the proverbial "only rose among thorns" and I noticed I was beginning to imbibe the traits of a "thorn." I didn't like it so I began thinking.
At the very young age of 8, I toyed with the idea of living on my own - independent of any help from my family - but then reason would dictate that I had to wait till I finished grade school. I had to accept the fact that I couldn't fend for myself just yet. For the next two years, I just kept the thing to myself and when the time arrived, I talked to my father and brothers about my decision. Naturally, they rejected the idea because I was still too young to make such a life-changing decision. But I already made up my mind and no one could stop me. I then packed up and set out on my solo "journey" through life.

I was ten years old (I entered grade school at the age of five) when I started the trek. Reality then hit hard on me. What job can a sixth grader like me get? That bothered me for a while but then, I stuck to my decision and I told myself, whatever job I can get for as long as it's clean and I can earn money for me to survive, I'll take it. I did get myself a job ... as a housemaid. Not to my liking but I had no choice. That was the only job open to a girl not yet even of teen age. In the course of time, I served a number of families ... of varying temperaments and idiosyncrasies. Some were kind and generous, others rude and pain in the ass.

When I reached the age of 18 I decided to go back to school for my secondary education. But I didn't have the money for it so I had to work my way through high school, still as housemaid, until I graduated. After high school, I managed to find a better job... in sales. It was a whole new experience for me. I just loved it. In my newfound job, I began to get acquainted with the big real world outside of my erstwhile cramped quarters and began living my life like I had never lived previously. I learned from hands on experience how to deal with people from all walks of life.

My sales experiences include: insurance agent, beauty products distributor, household items distributor and now a real estate marketer. Aside from my sales jobs, I also worked as liaison officer, administrative officer and an account executive. I only have a high school diploma to my name but what I learned from experience enabled me to perform well in all the jobs that I tried my hands on. From the lowly maidservant that had me working hard for a pittance, I have gotten this far in the journey that I have set out for myself. And I attribute it to perseverance and patience, all the while enduring difficulties with a one-track mind.

Money is also the reason why I am into Internet marketing now. I want to build a house, send my daughter to a prestigious school, and live a comfortable life. With the job that I have now as account executive and part time real estate marketer, my income is not sufficient to take care of my family's needs and build me the dream house that I desire so much to have at the same time.

Luckily for me, I have a brother who knows the Internet well and could design a website. He patiently taught me how to do online marketing, what affiliate marketing is, how to make money online, the advantage of having a website and other technology terms that I neeeded to know and understand to be successful.

I made notes of the basics that he taught me. Then I took to studying further through online research. I began to learn more as I spent hours on the Internet everyday, sometimes stretching till the wee hours of the next morning with only 2-3 hours sleep afterwards because I have to report for work.

Patiently, I explored every "nook and cranny" of the Internet that I could find time to take a look at. I became some kind of a sucker joining programs which touted tons of cash to be earned with very little work, if at all. I should have known better. To say that I wasted time and lost money is an understatement. However, I never gave up. One reason is: my brother keeps egging me on, telling me not to quit because the Internet is the next best thing I can ever experience in my life.

See you on my next blog. Thanks and have a nice day.

No comments: